April 23rd, 2010
Spelling: None today due to getting new seats.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Students practiced plays to share their Literature Circles magazines with the class.
- Week 1: Collect research
- Week 2: Select research, plan presentation, start draft of presentation
- Week 3: Finalize presentation, present at our I-Search Conference
Math: Students completed a multiplication MiniQuiz. We also talked about the standard method of multiplication.
Science: We looked at our plant tests on Day 7 and compared to our Day 0 images. We noticed these things:
- Excess heat = plants were less healthy
- No heat = plants were less healthy
- No air = inconclusive
- No water = plants were less healthy
- No light = plants were less healthy
- No soil = plants were less healthy
Social Studies: None on Fridays.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 10
- Our Mackinac Trip is Friday, May 14. Get more information here. There are currently 2 chaperone spots available. Chaperone deposits are due by April 30.
- Find more information about Summer School, including dates and payment options.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.