April 28th, 2010
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: The final reading group performed their Literature Circles play today.
Students also received their last STAR Reading level score. As you can below, our class has passed our yearly reading level! Ask your student if their reading level improved on their last STAR test.
- View our I-Search 2010 Research website.
- Here are more details about the I-Search project.
- Here is the presentation schedule for the I-Search Conference
- The I-Search Conference is Friday, April 30 from 10-11:30 am. Students have been asked to wear “business casual” clothing for this special presentation.
Math: None today due to extra time with Social Studies.
Science: None due to library.
Social Studies: We reviewed and took notes about the characteristics of a market economy:
- private citizens and businesses own land, tools and factories;
- incentives make people buy, sell and do things businesses want;
- the consumer is king and businesses sell things they want;
- people have their own special skills and jobs;
- people choose when to buy and sell; and,
- stores compete for business and customers.
- Yellow magnets: 5
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 8
- Our Mackinac Trip is Friday, May 14. Get more information here. There are currently 2 chaperone spots available. Chaperone deposits are due by April 30.
- Find more information about Summer School, including dates and payment options.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.