April 29th, 2010
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Students previewed and selected their new Literature Circles magazines.
- View our I-Search 2010 Research website.
- Here are more details about the I-Search project.
- Here is the presentation schedule for the I-Search Conference
- The I-Search Conference is tomorrow, April 30 from 10-11:30 am. Students have been asked to wear “business casual” clothing for this special presentation.
Math: We reviewed rounding and then practiced powers of 10. Homework is to finish Journal p. 141.
Science: None due to extra time with writing and Social Studies.
Social Studies: Students completed a MiniQuiz about the characteristics of a market economy. We also learned about circular flow: money flows from people to businesses, then back to people.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 9
- Our Mackinac Trip is Friday, May 14. Get more information here. There are currently 2 chaperone spots available. Chaperone deposits are due by April 30.
- Find more information about Summer School, including dates and payment options.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.