September 22nd, 2016
Spelling: We reviewed the idea that homographs are words that are spelled the same, but have different meanings:
- ring (jewelry) and ring (the sound a bell makes)
- box (punch fists) and box (a container)
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today we finished the reading day in Literature Circles that we started yesterday.
Writing: Students worked on editing their writing today, looking for mistakes with spelling, capitals, sentence sense, paragraphs, and others. The first piece of writing, a personal narrative, will be due on Monday, September 26. Your student should be editing nowAlso, students were provided with a colored file folder this week that they should decorate with stickers, pictures, clippings, or drawings. The
Also, students were provided with a colored file folder this week that they should decorate with stickers, pictures, clippings, or drawings. The folders are due Monday at the latest.
Science: We started an experiment about how science is used to study people. We’ll finish this experiment on Monday.
Social Studies: None today due to our reading skills practice time.
- Our BioBlitz field trip in Friday, September 23 from 9:15-2:30. Students will need a sack lunch and a blanket (optional). We can take a few chaperones, but please have the volunteer form completed and turned in to the office if interested. There is a slight chance of rain on Friday, so students are welcome to pack rain gear.
- Have you set up a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Here is important information from the chromebook meeting. If you are purchasing insurance, please do that by September 21.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.