October 12th, 2016
Spelling: None today due to the late start day.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Students have finished reading their magazines and have begun working on a project to practice oral reading fluency. Students are practicing reading plays in their groups, focusing on reading with speed, tone, accuracy, and volume.
Writing: Students worked on editing today. A personal narrative will be due Monday, October 17; your student should be editing revising at this point for spelling, capitals, punctuation, sentence sense, paragraphs.
Social Studies: Today was our reading skills and AR practice time.
- The Fall Harvest Family Night is October 27 from 6-8 pm.
- Pajama Drive: our school is collecting donations of money or pajamas. Donations will be given to the Salvation Army to provide for children in need. Please consider how you can help and thank you for those that have already contributed.
- Have you set up a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.