May 30th, 2017
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays. Our last cursive assignment this year will be due this week.
Reading: Students worked on a STAR Reading test today.
Writing: Students worked on their Find It, Decide It research project today, looking for ways their two choices are different. Students will be working with a partner to research a decision, compare and contrast two choices, and to make a decision based on research. The Find It, Decide It project is due Friday, June 2.
Science: We reviewed our experiment about gravity and wrote notes. We’ll have a test about space objects, the sizes and distances of planets, and gravity tomorrow.
Social Studies: We learned about the Bill of Rights today.
- End of the Year Activites:
- Family Walk-a-Thon, May 31
- Field Day, June 9 (new date)
- Waterpark field trip, June 12 (tentative date change)
- 5th Grade Farewell, June 13
- Celebration of Life, June 14 (tentative date change)
- Grand Blanc offers a summer school step up program for language arts and math. The courses are offered during the morning in June. Find more information and registration forms here.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.