September 13th, 2017
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 1-3 are available in class and due on Friday.
Reading: Students completed a STAR Reading test today.
Writing: We started prewriting for our personal narratives by planning the beginning, middle, and end of the narrative in a bulleted list using Google Docs. Homework is to continue prewriting. Your student can access their writing by going to Google Docs on a computer, tablet or phone and signing in with their Grand Blanc email address and password.
A personal narrative is due Monday, September 25. Your student should be prewriting at this point
Also, your student has received a colored file folder with their name written on the tab. Please have your student decorate the portfolio with pictures, drawings, stickers, magazine clippings, cards, or other things that can lay flat. This will be your student’s writing portfolio for finished work. Decorated portfolios are due Friday so they can be laminated.
Science: We got new space science books today and also made a minibook to record important ideas.
Students can also be working on their Energy Fair project. Here are the Energy Fair directions. The Energy Fair project is due Friday, September 29.
Social Studies: None today due to art.
- School Supply list
- Need to update your contact information or send in your email address or phone number? Do that here.
- Parents and family members, find out more information about our class here.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Volunteering information, including forms to be filled out if you would like to volunteer in class or chaperone a field trip
- Sign up for a fall conference
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.