September 26th, 2017
Spelling: We practiced spelling words that have silent letters.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 7-9 are available and due Friday.
Reading: We finished reading a story about a talent show. We also practiced writing questions and making connections.
Writing: Students worked on prewriting today. A personal narrative is due Friday, October 13. Homework is to finished prewriting the beginning, middle, and end of the story for 15 minutes. Your student should be prewriting at this point.
Science: We wrote notes about the earth and moon in our space minibooks.
The Energy Fair project is due Friday, September 29. Here are the Energy Fair directions. Each student should be bringing in an object and making a sign or digital presentation (an elaborate sign, board, or presentation is not needed; simpler is better).
Social Studies: None today.
- #SchoolEveryDay is a message we are trying to communicate this year. Predictably, students that miss school the most score lower on state and national tests, and develop less perseverance and grit to power through problems. Teachers have shirts with this message that we wear periodically. If your student would like to join us in spreading the #SchoolEveryDay message, you can order a shirt using this online order form.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time? This is a daily (Monday through Thursday) time of 40 minutes for students to work on math, writing, math facts, cursive, or other homework. Maybe it’s right after school, or at 5 pm, or right after dinner. The idea is that your student is working each day on something to make them smarter. Here is a sample schedule and more ideas.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.