October 3rd, 2017
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 10-12 are available and were due Friday.
Reading: We finished reading about fast and slow processes that can change the earth. We also talked about rereading a text to understand it better, and practiced how to compare and contrast ideas.
Writing: We talked about using the right word in the right spot to help a reader understand the writing better. Today was also the final drafting work day. A personal narrative is due Friday, October 13, and the minimum length is one page. Your student should be finishing their draft tonight. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes and to finish drafting.
Math: We learned about special quotients today:
- Anything divided by 1 is itself
- Anything divided by itself is 1 (except zero)
- Anything divided by zero is undefined
Science: Today we reviewed our last experiment about what a picnic would be like on the moon.
Social Studies: We reviewed how the government carries out the Constitution. We’ll have a MiniQuiz about the Preamble to the Constitution soon.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time? This is a daily (Monday through Thursday) time of 40 minutes for students to work on math, writing, math facts, cursive, or other homework. Maybe it’s right after school, or at 5 pm, or right after dinner. The idea is that your student is working each day on something to make them smarter. Here is a sample schedule and more ideas.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.