October 18th, 2017
Spelling: Today was a spelling and skill test.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 16-18 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: Today we read an article about how businesses are not just making money, but helping others.
Writing: We reviewed the idea that good stories have talking, action, and visual details in them. Students also worked on prewriting conferences today by commenting on a partner’s prewriting.
A personal narrative is due Monday, November 6. Your student should be fininshed with prewriting by now. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We wrote notes in our minibooks about the moon and earth, focusing on what we’ve learned about gravity, mass, matter, and weight.
Social Studies: Today was a leadership lesson about class jobs. We finished making a leadership job schedule that each time can use to divide up team jobs.
- The Writing page has recently been updated to include links to student examples of writing from my past classes. Students can use these as targets to aim for, or mirrors to reflect upon their own writing.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time? This is a daily (Monday through Thursday) time of 40 minutes for students to work on math, writing, math facts, cursive, or other homework. Maybe it’s right after school, or at 5 pm, or right after dinner. The idea is that your student is working each day on something to make them smarter. Here is a sample schedule and more ideas.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.