October 23rd, 2017
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 19-21 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: Students completed a STAR Reading test today.
Writing: We talked about the three main ingredients of every story:
- People (characters): including talking, action, and visual details
- Places (settings): including visual details to show them
- Plot: the action details of the story.
Students also worked on drafting. A personal narrative is due Monday, November 6. Your student should be drafting with over half a page by now. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes if your student needs to catch up.
Math: We practiced finding patterns in tables. Students also worked on patterns and other skills at MobyMax Math or Khan Academy. Homework is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy.
Science: We watched some video clips about the sun, its features, and how it compares to other stars.
Social Studies: None today due to extra time with science.
- Book orders are due Friday. You can order online.
- Our class is having a Hawaiian Beach Bash on Friday, November 3, from 12:30-3:30. Here’s our list if you can you volunteer, donate, or help out? We also need someone that can coordinate the pizza (finding a deal, ordering, arranging for pickup or delivery). If you can do that, please contact me.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time? This is a daily (Monday through Thursday) time of 40 minutes for students to work on math, writing, math facts, cursive, or other homework. Maybe it’s right after school, or at 5 pm, or right after dinner. The idea is that your student is working each day on something to make them smarter. Here is a sample schedule and more ideas.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.