January 4th, 2018
Spelling: Students started making Words to Learn lists from words missed on their last spelling test.
Cursive: No cursive assignment this week.
Reading: Today was a reading skills day using MobyMax Reading Stories.
Our current writing project is a Choose Your Own Adventure fiction gamebook. Students are writing a fiction adventure story with choices that the reader can make. Each choice can change how the story turns out. Students will publish their adventure as a website at Google Sites. See below for more details. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
This project is due Tuesday, January 23. Some ideas and resources are below:
Choose Your Own Adventure Resources
- See examples of Choose Your Own Adventure fiction websites hereand here.
- Here are some good student examples:
- Look at an Underground Railroad Choose Your Own Adventure website.
- Look through the Underground Railroad Interactive History Adventure book (hint: search for “the end” to see some of the endings of the book).
- Look at some examples of different kinds of endings in a Choose Your Own Adventure Story.
- View the titles of all the Choose Your Own Adventure books to get adventure topic ideas.
- Play Zork, a text-based computer game. Here is a list of commands and directions. Here is a map of the dungeon if you get stuck or lost.
- Play Oregon Trail, another text-based computer game.
Find a complete list of resources here.
Math: We continued to work on multiplying by using place value and by breaking large numbers apart. Several students still have this skill unfinished. Homework is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy and to work on multiplying by using place value at Khan Academy if not finished in class.
Science: We wrote notes about what we learned about matter, air, water, and how matter takes up space.
Social Studies: We finished writing notes about the Bill of Rights. Homework is to finish the Bill of Rights scenarios started in class.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.