January 9th, 2018
Spelling: Students continued working on making Words to Learn lists from words missed on their last spelling test. This is your student’s list of spelling words to study.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 42-44 are available and due on Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles. Some groups worked on questioning as a reading strategy.
Writing: Students worked on their Google Site gamebook again today, trying to write a new scene.
Our current writing project is a Choose Your Own Adventure fiction gamebook. Students are writing a fiction adventure story with choices that the reader can make. Each choice can change how the story turns out. Students will publish their adventure as a website at Google Sites. See below for more details. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes, trying to complete one or two pages/scenes a day.
This project is due Tuesday, January 23. Some ideas and resources are below:
Choose Your Own Adventure Resources
- See examples of Choose Your Own Adventure fiction websites here and here.
- Here are some good student examples:
- Play Zork, a text-based computer game. Here is a list of commands and directions. Here is a map of the dungeon if you get stuck or lost.
- Play Oregon Trail, another text-based computer game.
Find a complete list of resources here.
Science: We worked on an experiment about different states of matter in balloons. Homework is to finish the 3 Balloons experiment if not done in class.
Social Studies: Today was our Dia de los Reyes! We left out shoes for the Three Kings to leave goodies in. This is a tradition Mexican children participate in on January 6 each year.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.