January 16th, 2018
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 42-44 are available and due tomorrow. Cursive pp. 45-47 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: We read a realistic fiction story about helping during Hurricane Katrina.
Writing: Students worked on their Google Site gamebook again today, trying to write a new scene.
Our current writing project is a Choose Your Own Adventure fiction gamebook. Students are writing a fiction adventure story with choices that the reader can make. Each choice can change how the story turns out. Students will publish their adventure as a website at Google Sites. See below for more details. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes, trying to complete one or two pages/scenes a day.
This project is due Tuesday, January 23. Some ideas and resources are below:
Choose Your Own Adventure Resources
Find a complete list of resources here.
Here are some recent skills your student should have completed by now:
- Multiply using place value
- Multiply 2-, 3-, and 4-digits by 1-digit with area models
- Multiply 2-digit numbers with area models
Science: We wrote notes about the differences between states of matter. We also started testing how states of matter can change to other states.
Social Studies: We read a book called “Ox-Cart Man” about a family that had to use resources to help provide for their needs. Students wrote notes about economic ideas in the book.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.