May 14th, 2018
Spelling: We reviewed common /j/ patterns today. This will be the skill on tomorrow’s spelling test.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Friday.
Reading: We read an article about how artifacts from Jamestown helped archaeologists understand past life in the historical settlement.
Writing: We talked about writing a fragment poem by writing just a few words on each line. Students also started revising their poem collection today. A collection of poems will be due Friday, May 18.
Science: We wrote notes in our minibooks about variations in traits.
Social Studies: We wrote notes about relative location, and physical and human features of geography.
- End of the Year activities:
- Field Day, June 1.
- Dairy Queen Field Trip, June 12. Family members are invited to walk with us.
- End of the Year Potluck and Picnic, June 13. Family members are invited to lunch and to help with games.
- Rollhaven Field Trip, June 14. Family members are invited to go with us.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.