June 6th, 2018
Spelling: We reviewed rules for adding suffixes onto words. This will be the skill tested on tomorrow’s spelling test.
Cursive: There will be no new cursive assignments this year.
Reading: None today.
Writing: We worked on publishing our novels again today.
Science: We wrote notes about the needs of plants and animals.
Social Studies: We learned about how the US can be divided into four regions:
- Western mountains
- Great Plains
- Great Lakes farms and factories
- Southern Plantations
Character Strength: There are no new character strengths this year.
- End of the Year activities:
- Dairy Queen Field Trip, June 12. Family members are invited to walk with us. Student order forms are needed by June 7.
- End of the Year Potluck and Picnic, June 13. Family members are invited to lunch and to help with games. See our volunteer list here.
- Rollhaven Field Trip, June 14. Family members are invited to go with us.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.