October 22nd, 2018
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Writing: We talked about adding several sentences of visual details to show places when they show up in a story. Students also worked on drafting today. A personal narrative is due Sunday, November 4. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be more than half done with their draft at this point.
Math: Students worked on the place value and decimals unit test today. This was our last class day to work on this topic. We are at 83.5% topic mastery as a class. Students that have unfinished skills can still work at home on this topic. Homework on weekdays is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy.
Science: We used a simulation to test what plants need to get food matter.
Social Studies: We reviewed for tomorrow’s chapter 1 test about American Indians, how they survived, how they adapted, and what their cultures were like.
- The Harvest Festival is Monday, October 29 from 6-8 pm!
- Our class Hawaiian Beach Bash party is Friday, November 2, from 12:30-3:30. Here’s our volunteer and guest list. We are looking for family members to help with food serving and games.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- Sign up for a fall conference here.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.