November 1st, 2018
Spelling: We reviewed adding suffixes onto base words. Sometimes the suffix is just added, but sometimes the suffix changes the spelling of the base word.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: None today due to a health and nutrition lesson.
Writing: We talked about adding paragraphs for anything new:
- New time
- New place
- New character
- New action
- New speaker
Students also worked on editing and publishing. Today was our last class work day for this piece of writing. A personal narrative is due Sunday, November 4. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be nearly finished with their writing by now.
Math: Students took a quiz about adding decimals today. We are up to 84% mastery, with a goal of 100% by November 13. Homework on weekdays is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy.
Science: None today.
Social Studies: We read about how new technology and better shipbuilding allowed explorers to sail around Africa to India.
- Our class Hawaiian Beach Bash party is tomorrow, November 2, from 12:30-3:30. Here’s our volunteer and guest list.
- The first marking period ends Friday, November 9.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- Sign up for a fall conference here.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.