October 31st, 2018
Spelling: None today due to a Troubadours assembly.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles.
Writing: Students worked on editing conferences today by commenting on a partner’s writing. Students also worked on editing today. A personal narrative is due Sunday, November 4. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Math: We spent more time practicing adding decimals today. We are close to moving on to subtracting decimals. The class is working very hard on this topic! We’ve already achieved 77% mastery, with a goal of 100% by November 13. We are ahead of schedule! Everyone is using their math time wisely and making good progress. Homework on weekdays is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy.
Science: We played a game to model how plants combine carbon dioxide, water, and sunlight to make sugar for their food.
Social Studies: None today due to extra time with science.
- Our class Hawaiian Beach Bash party is Friday, November 2, from 12:30-3:30. Here’s our volunteer and guest list. We are looking for family members to help with food serving and games.
- The first marking period ends Friday, November 9.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- Sign up for a fall conference here.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.