October 30th, 2018
Spelling: We reviewed compound words and long vowel sounds.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: We about making predictions, common elements of fairy tales, and also read part of another fairy tale.
Writing: We talked about stopping run on sentences by adding periods after one or two ideas. Students worked on editing today. A personal narrative is due Sunday, November 4. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: None today due to art.
Social Studies: We read about how European explorers were looking for trade routes to Asia and used new technologies to help them sail.
- Our class Hawaiian Beach Bash party is Friday, November 2, from 12:30-3:30. Here’s our volunteer and guest list. We are looking for family members to help with food serving and games.
- The first marking period ends Friday, November 9.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- Sign up for a fall conference here.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.