December 4th, 2018
Spelling: Today was a preview of upcoming spelling words.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: We used our reading time today to have an evidence circle for science. Students read pieces of evidence and then used the evidence to write a scientific argument.
Writing: We talked about not talking too long to introduce the main problem or most interesting part of a story. One way to do that is to make sure that the details in the beginning match the problem of the story, and making sure there aren’t a lot of extra details not connected to the problem. Students also worked on drafting.
A narrative story (personal or fiction) is due Sunday, December 16. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should have their draft nearly done by now.
Science: We used evidence to make and support a claim about how to grow healthy plants. Homework is to finish notebook pp. 78-79 if not done in class.
Social Studies: Students completed a test about explorers.
Character Strength: We are learning about kindness this week.
- Wednesday, tomorrow, is a late start day. School begins at 11 am.
- The pizza kit fundraiser for 5th grade camp is going on right now. Orders are due this Friday, December 7.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.