March 7th, 2019
Spelling: None today due to the half day schedule.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was a practice for our class play.
Writing: We worked on drafting again today. The novel project is due Monday, April 1. Homework is work on writing for at least 15 minutes daily during the week. Your student should be
Novel Writing Project 2019
The final piece of the 3rd Marking Period will be our final fiction project of the year. Students will write and publish a novel. Each student will write their own novel, with a word goal minimum of 1,000-4,000 words, based on their reading level (each student’s minimum writing goal is equal to their reading level multiplied by 500). The novels will be written in Google Docs (docs.google.com) to make use of the word count feature. Final novels will be uploaded to Lulu.com and published as paperback books, which can be purchased for reasonable prices. So yes, students will actually write and publish their own novels. This project is based on the National Novel Writing Month Young Writers program.
Science: None today due to the
Social Studies: None today.
Character Strength: We are learning about the #OtherPeopleMatter mindset this week.
- Please take this Parent Survey!
- Our next play practice is next Monday, March 11 until 5 pm!
- Our class play, The Legend of Lightning Larry, is Tuesday, March 19 at 6:30 pm. Here is our practice schedule.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample
schedule andmore ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- The second marking period ends today.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.