October 24th, 2019
Spelling: We learned that idioms are phrases that have a hidden meaning. We practiced spelling idioms with long /i/ spelling patterns.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 19-21 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: Practiced narrative and informational reading strategies using MobyMax Reading Skills.
Writing: We talked about adding more than one visual detail to show a new setting when it shows up in a story.
Students also worked on revising today by adding parts or taking out parts that don’t match.
A “fictionalized” personal narrative is due Sunday, November 3. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We learned about some possible explanations for the extinction of dinosaurs and also looked at some rock layers of the Grand Canyon.
Social Studies: We learned about the three branches of government and what their powers are.
Character Strength: We are learning about perspective this week.
- We are having a Hawaiian Beach Bash on Friday, November 8 from 12:30-3:30. Family members are invited to join us and help with the food and games! Here is our volunteer and guest list.
- The Math page has been updated, and check it out if you have ever wondered why our class uses digital tools for math.
- Fun Run Fundraiser donations can still be turned in this week! Every little bit helps!
- Have you started a Daily Homework Time with your student? If homework causes tears or battles, or if you have had to deal with missing assignments or low grades, read more about Daily Homework Time and start one with your student. It will help!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.