December 2nd, 2019
Spelling: Students started working on Words to Learn lists by correcting words they missed on the last spelling test.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 36-38 are available and due on Friday.
Reading: We read some poems today inspired by animals.
Writing: Students completed prewriting conferences by asking questions about a partner’s prewriting.
Students also worked on drafting.
A fiction story is due Sunday, December 15. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be finished with prewriting and starting their draft.
Science: We learned about how animals use different senses to survive. We did an experiment to learn how important light is for vision. Homework is to finish notebook pp. 16-18 if not done in class.
Social Studies: None today.
Character Strength: We are learning about kindness this week.
- Pizza kit money and order forms are due tomorrow, December 3.
- Our field trip to the Michigan Capitol and Historical Museum is Thursday, December 12. Students need to arrive to school at 7:15 am and will need a sack lunch with disposable containers. We still need some chaperones. Find more details or request to be a chaperone here.
- Have you started a Daily Homework Time with your student? If homework causes tears or battles, or if you have had to deal with missing assignments or low grades, read more about Daily Homework Time and start one with your student. It will help!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.