June 5th, 2006
Language Arts: Today students were introduced to a form of poetry called a “poem for two voices.” Here is a poem some students helped me write last week:
Cats and Dogs
around the house around the house
We’re animals! We’re animals!
Students have submitted their poems in their portfolios, and we will have a “Poetry Slam” at Border’s Book Store on Miller Road on Tuesday, June 6, from noon to 2:30 pm. Students will read their poetry in the Border’s Cafe. Click here to find the permission slip, and let me know if you are willing to chaperone for the trip.
Technology: Students continued to work on their PowerPoint digital yearbook.
Health: Today, students reviewed ways to say “no” to doing something that is unsafe or something they don’t feel comfortable doing. Students learned to:
- Say “no” and say it again
- Change their mind if they made a bad decision
- Leave if saying “no” isn’t working
- Politely say “no” to adults.
Rollhaven: We spent the afternoon at Rollhaven skating, playing in the bounce house, and playing Dance Dance Revolution!
- End of the Year Pot Luck! Our class will be having a Pot Luck lunch on Thursday, June 8, starting at 1:00 pm. Students volunteered to bring a main dish, side dish, dessert, drink or utensils. Ask your student what they volunteered, and let me know if there are any adjustments that need to be made. We would love for you to come eat with us, and watch or help with our crazy games!
- Our class is having a Poetry Slam at the Miller Road Border’s on Tuesday, June 6, from noon to 2:30 pm. Here is the permission slip. Let me know if you would like to chaperone. Family and friends are invited to hear our class read the poetry we have worked on!