March 21st, 2007
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of seven or more words each are due Friday.
Reading: Students have been planning and working on their Literature Circles projects, which will be presented on Thursday and Friday.
Writing: Students worked on bar graphs for their “Take a Stand” opinion pieces. The opinion piece and bar graphs will be due on Friday, March 23.
Math: Students were introduced to exponents and also learned that terminating decimals are equal to fractions with powers of 10 in their denomonator (0.17 = 17 / 10 * 10). Homework is to finish Math Boxes 5.9.
Science: Students completed experiments with long gongs (coat hanger attached to a cup with string) and tuning forks. Homework is to finish the papers for these experiments.
Social Studies: We learned about the British colonies growing, France and Britain fighting over land, Indian groups taking sides, and the start of the French and Indian War. Homework is to finish reading about the French and Indian War and to finish the SQ3R organizer we started in class.
- Yellows: 5 magnets
- Oranges: 1 magnet
- Reds: 0 magnets
Ask your student what kind of choices they made.
- Juice Volunteers for Friday, March 23: Kayla and De’Aundre. Click here for a list of volunteers.
- Thank you to the nine chaperones who have volunteered for the Mackinaw trip. At this point, we have no more availability for additional chaperones. Spaces may open up as the trip gets closer.
- Spring Conference times are now available for April 2, 3 and 4! Sign up at the office windows.
- Upcoming Events: New writing piece due (March 23); Magic Show (March 23); Spring Conferences (April 2, 3 and 4); Straits of Mackinaw field trip (May 11). See the class calendar for more information.
- We are looking for donations of medium and long cardboard tubes (have plenty of short ones, thanks!) for class projects. The tubes can be sent in any time during the year; this project will be on-going. Thanks for any help you can give!