March 26th, 2007
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences of seven or more words each are due Friday.
Reading: Today we began a nonfiction cycle of Literature Circles. Each group received magazines that will be read in Literature Circles over the next two weeks.
Writing: None today due to technology.
Math: Students completed a math test today over the following concepts:
- estimating sums and products
- multiplication number stories
- multiplication problems
- comparing large numbers
Science: None today due to art.
Social Studies: We reviewed the French and Indian War, talked about why the British won the war (more powerful army), and predicted if Native Americans could ever defeat the British. We started reading about Pontiac’s Rebellion, and will see tomorrow if the Native Americans were successful.
- Yellows: 0 magnets
- Oranges: 2 magnets
- Reds: 0 magnets
Ask your student what kind of choices they made.
- Juice Volunteers for Friday, March 30: David and Erin. Click here for a list of volunteers.
- Wizard of Oz play auditions are Tuesday, March 27 from 6:30-8:00 pm. A note of explanation was sent home Friday.
- Thank you to the nine chaperones who have volunteered for the Mackinaw trip. At this point, we have no more availability for additional chaperones. Spaces may open up as the trip gets closer.
- Spring Conference times are now available for April 2, 3 and 4! Sign up at the office windows.
- Upcoming Events: Read-a-thon Mackinaw Fundraser (March 30); Spring Conferences (April 2, 3 and 4); New writing piece due (April 27); Straits of Mackinaw field trip (May 11). See the class calendar for more information.
- We are looking for donations of medium and long cardboard tubes (have plenty of short ones, thanks!) for class projects. The tubes can be sent in any time during the year; this project will be on-going. Thanks for any help you can give!