December 14th, 2007
***Grand Blanc Lanes field trip on Wednesday, December 19***
Click here for a permission slip
Spelling: Today we played spelling battleship to practice forming words with the /s/ spelling pattern: ss, sc, s, ci, cy, ce. This will be the skill tested on the spelling test coming up on Tuesday. Note that we will begin to quicken the pace of spelling, so we should have a test every 10 days or so.
Cursive: Cursive pages 47-49 were due today.
Reading: Students worked on their Literature Circles projects, which will be presented on Tuesday.
Writing: Today was an editing day. Students spent time choosing their three editing features. Some students were ready to move beyond one or more of the standard editing features of spelling, capitals and sentence sense. The next piece of writing is due December 20.
Math: None today.
Science: None today due to technology.
Social Studies: We discussed the Alphabet Soup organizer and that was submitted for a grade. Students also made new mini-books.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 4
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 24
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Mexican Christmas Fiesta coming on Friday, December 21! Click here for a volunteer list.
- Helping a family in need: our class volunteered to purchase presents for two boys whose family is having a hard time. Look for a letter that was sent home this week, and ask your student what they volunteered for.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: thanks to responsible and generous families, we have a juice backlog, so no juice volunteers needed for a few weeks!