February 11th, 2008
Spelling: Today was a preview of upcoming spelling words.
Cursive: Cursive pages 61-63 are available and due Thursday.
Reading: Today Literature Circles groups planned their daily reading page assignments.
Writing: None today due to technology.
The next piece of writing is due tomorrow, Tuesday, February 12. This piece should be some type of fiction not including any student from our class as a character.
Math: We created personal references for metric measurement (a centimeter is about the width of a pinky finger). Homework is to complete Journal pp. 101-102, estimating and measureing at least seven objects from home. Students will have time tomorrow to use meter sticks to estimate larger objects in class.
Science: Students started a project today remember the idea that white light is made of colored light.
Social Studies: We drew pictures to help us remember key ideas about Michigan’s first three Indian groups: the Paleo-Indians, the Old Copper People, the Hopewell Mound Builders.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 14
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Feb Factor, our Valentine’s Day party, is this Thursday, from 1:30-3:30 p. Can you help with food , setup or clean-up? If so, just contact me!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: thanks to responsible and generous families, we have a juice backlog, so no juice volunteers needed for a few weeks!