February 12th, 2008
Spelling: Today we practiced compound words, two words combined to make a new word (anything, bedspread).
Cursive: Cursive pages 61-63 are available and due Thursday.
Reading: None today due to a character education and Black History assembly.
Writing: Students submitted a fiction piece into their portfolios and started prewriting for their next piece. The next piece of writing is due February 29. This piece should be some type of fiction not including any student from our class as a character.
Math: Students estimated the metric length and height of objects around the room.
Science: Students continued working on their Circles of Light mosaics started yesterday to remember the idea that white light is made of colored light. Homework is to finish the mosaic if not done in class.
Social Studies: We drew pictures to help us remember key ideas about the Three Fires Indians of Michigan.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 27
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
Feb Factor Volunteer List:
- Sloppy Joe meat (two pounds): Sean and Zach P.
- Buns (package of 8): Paige, Coltin, Justice C., Terence, Brad
- Chips: Halie, Hannah, Katie
- Plates (40): Kayla
- Juice Boxes (10 each): William, Malachi, Chandler, Jadin
Thanks for the donations!
- Feb Factor, our Valentine’s Day party, is this Thursday, from 1:30-3:30 p. Can you help with food , setup or clean-up? If so, just contact me!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: thanks to responsible and generous families, we have a juice backlog, so no juice volunteers needed for a few weeks!