February 13th, 2008
Spelling: Today we reviewed the idea that suffixes added onto the end of a word create a new word (holder, holds, holding), but also that some verbs are irregular (held, not holded).
Cursive: Cursive pages 61-63 are available and due Thursday.
Reading: Today was a Literature Circles reading day.
Writing: Most students started prewriting conferences. The next piece of writing is due February 29. This piece should be some type of fiction not including any student from our class as a character.
Math: Students measured objects to the nearest millimeter. Homework is to finish Journal pp. 105-106.
Science: Students completed an experiment using color filters. Homework is to finish the analyze and conclude questions of the How is Colored Light Made? experiment.
Today was also Science Fair Kick Off. The Science Fair will be on March 18.
Social Studies: We finished learning about the Three Fires people of Michigan and drew pictures to help us remember key ideas.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 1
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Current Hours with No Orange Magnets: 3
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
Feb Factor Volunteer List:
- Sloppy Joe meat (two pounds): Sean and Zach P.
- Buns (package of 8): Paige, Coltin, Justice C., Terence, Brad
- Chips: Halie, Hannah, Katie
- Plates (40): Kayla
- Juice Boxes (10 each): William, Malachi, Chandler, Jadin
Thanks for the donations!
- Feb Factor, our Valentine’s Day party, is this Thursday, from 1:30-3:30 p. Can you help with food , setup or clean-up? If so, just contact me!
- MEAP Parent Reports will be sent home Thursday, February 14
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: thanks to responsible and generous families, we have a juice backlog, so no juice volunteers needed for a few weeks!