September 18th, 2008
Spelling: We played a game to review short and long vowel sounds. This will be the skill tested on Monday’s spelling test.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 18-20 are available and due Monday.
Reading: None today due to an extra time with writing.
Writing: Students completed a prewriting conference by having a partner ask them questions about their writing topic.
The first piece of writing, a personal narrative, will be due Friday, September 26. Your student should be drafting by now.
Math: We learned that polygons have three rules:
- No intersections or crossing
- No openings or gaps
- No curves
Homework is to finish Journal pp. 10-11 by Monday if not completed in class.
Science: Students sent messages to each other using a sound code. Homework is to finish the Dropping In response sheet by Monday.
Social Studies: We learned that the Southeast is famous for the Mississippi River, and many other smaller rivers and wetlands. Homework is to finish the Southeast Rivers/Water WordSplash activity if not completed in class.
- Yellow magnets: 6
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 3
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 28
- Hours with no orange magnets: 25
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- There’s still room on the Pride Board for students to bring photos, awards, medals-anything that can be put on a bulletin board.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.