September 25th, 2008
Spelling: Today we reviewed the Unit 1 spelling worksheets and they were collected for a grade.
Cursive: None this week.
Reading: Today was our first reading day of Literature Circles. Students read their books and wrote questions and connections, drew illustrations, and picked favorite passages.
Writing: Students continued to work on their personal narrative piece of writing due Friday. Students should be writing their final copy by now.
The first piece of writing, a personal narrative, will be due Friday, September 26.
Math: We reviewed polygon names and definitions today, and students also completed a MiniQuiz over angles and polygons.
Science: None today due to extra spelling time. One of the tasks of the spelling packet was to think about what everyone wanted to become when they grew up. Everyone shared, and we realized that all the future scientists, veterinarians, doctors, teachers, military officers, architects, police officers and pilots in our class would need to work hard in school and go to college some day.
Social Studies: Students completed a continents MiniQuiz today.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 3
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 9
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 28): 7
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Schedule your Fall Parent Teacher Conference online now and avoid work and family schedule conflicts.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.