September 29th, 2008
Class activities for Monday, September 29
Spelling: None today due to library.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 21-23 are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading day. Some students worked on making connections as a reading strategy.
Writing: Today we learned how to make a map of a well-known and favorite place and to think of interesting memories from that place. Students made their own map to “dig up buried stories.”
The next piece of writing, a personal narrative, will be due October 10.
Math: We reviewed two-dimensional and three-dimensional figures. Homework is to finish the Searching for Space Figures worksheet started in class.
Science: Students completed four mini-experiments to learn how length is related to pitch. Homework is to finish writing their observations if not done in class.
Social Studies: None due to library.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 1
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 4
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 28): 5
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Tomorrow is Picture Day!
- Schedule your Fall Parent Teacher Conference online now and avoid work and family schedule conflicts.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.