December 17th, 2008
Spelling: None today due to library.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 54-56 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Students read plays today to practice reading with good fluency, voice and expression, not-like-ro-bots. This involved making their voices sometimes faster, sometimes slower, sometimes louder, sometimes softer, higher or lower. The plays will be performed tomorrow. Homework is to practice their lines.
Writing: We talked about describing what characters look like to help the reader to better picture the story. Students should be editing or publishing by now. A piece of fiction is due into portfolios by this Friday, December 19.
Math: We reviewed prime numbers and fact families today.
Science: None today due to library.
Social Studies: Today was a test over government.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 3
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 31): 14
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39): 2
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Our Mexican Fiesta party is Friday, December 19. Family members are needed to help with food preparations, set up, cleanup, and with the piñata. We also need help with food donations. Click here to see our volunteer list and add your name to the bottom if you are attending. We still need a volunteer for some seasoned shredded chicken! Add your name by clicking here.
- Donations for sponsored family: Thanks for helping this family have a wonderful Christmas!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: None due to the fiesta