January 30th, 2009
Class activities for Friday, January 30
***Report Cards were sent home today! ***
Spelling: None today due to prewriting conferences.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Three Literature Circles groups performed their plays today, and the last group will perform Monday.
Writing: Students had prewriting conferences this morning for their Choose Your Own Adventure fiction stories. They also continued drafting their stories on their websites at sites.mrhowd.com. This piece will be due February 13. An example of the Choose Your Own Adventure genre can be found here and here.
Math: None today.
Science: Students completed a magnets science test today.
Social Studies: None today. Monday, we will take a “tour of Michigan” and each team will teach the class about their assigned features of Michigan.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 0
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 31): 27
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39): 17
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: Holly and Morgan