February 12th, 2009
Spelling: Students practiced making compound words from clues (a spread on a bed, a fire at a campsite).
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles. Some groups worked on making inferences as a reading strategy.
Writing: This week, students are continuing to work on their Choose Your Own Adventure fiction stories, created on a website at sites.mrhowd.com. This story is due February 13. An example of the Choose Your Own Adventure genre can be found here and here. Click here to browse our Choose Your Own Adventure stories.
Ask your student to show you their Choose Your Own Adventure story, and even click through their choices to see how the story is going! Students should be doing final revising and editing by now.
Math: None today due to art and an assembly.
Science: Students completed a mixtures MiniQuiz and made new minibooks about electricity and safety.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 3
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 1
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 58): 6
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39): 24
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party is this Friday from 1:30 pm to the end of the day. Students have volunteered for food items to bring, including sloppy joe mix, buns, chips, and drink boxes. Click here to see the volunteer list and add your name if you are coming to the party.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: Josh and Savanna