February 13th, 2009
Spelling: We reviewed the idea that suffixes are added to the end of base words; however, some words, such as irregular verbs, do not have suffixes. Some irregular verbs: run/ran, think/thought, give/gave, meet/met.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays. Students also completed a cursive quiz today.
Reading: None today due to our Feb Factor Valentine’s party.
Writing: Today was our final in-class work day for the Choose Your Own Adventure fiction stories, created on a website at sites.mrhowd.com. This story was due today, February 13. An example of the Choose Your Own Adventure genre can be found here and here. Here is a list of our stories:
- Savanna’s choose your own adventre
- Jared’s Sky Scream!
- Abby’s World War III Iran v.s U.S.A
- jacobs choose your own adventure
- Alexis’s choose your own adventure
- Jennifer ‘s Journey to the Edge of the Earth
- Emily’s choose your own adventure
- Emma’s Choose your own adventure
- avry’s secret mission
- lauren’s john cena
- Alyssa’s Red Ruby
- Riley’s ghost buisness
- chloe’s Weapon Destroyer
- shaylas vet
- Mackenzies csi case
- kullans choose your own adventure
- Donovan’s csi story
- Tyler’s choos your onwn advencher
- kaylals jungle person
- holly’s super ninja spys
- Michael’s What’s Your Next Move?
- Joseph’s World ll
- kayla s Choose Your Own Adventure ‘mother nature’
- matt’s sumo reslling
- crystal choose your addventer
- Morgan’s jungle cat missing
- Joshua’s Indy Adventure
- kyle’s one bad ending
- Hunter,s chooes your owen agvancer
Math: None today due to working on writing.
Science: None today due to our Feb Factor Valentine’s party.
Our party was so good, it was scary, literally! We passed out our cards and ate sloppy joes, chips, and fruit. Games included sticking conversation hearts, slurping gummy hearts, affixing stickers, and munching cranberries (note to self: the class does not like cranberries). Stay tuned for pictures! Thanks to everyone who donated food and supplies; we had more than enough!
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 1
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 58): 12
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39): 25
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.