May 26th, 2009
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading and discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: Students continued to plan their Find It, Decide It comparative information piece. Students will work in pairs to find information to make a decision (more information here). Today, students worked with their partner to develop their topic question and write notes. This final piece is due Friday, June 5.
Math: We reviewed fractions by dividing and shading polygons. Homework is to finish Journal pp. 189-192 if not done in class.
Science: None today.
Social Studies: We learned about Americans coming to Michigan, Michigan becoming a territory and the War of 1812.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 2
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 0
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 58): 10
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39; previous score: 1): 4
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Do you have a plan to keep your student learning over the summer? Check out the GRASP Summer Reading and Math program and other opportunities to make sure your student is ready for fifth grade!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: Jared, Joseph