May 29th, 2009
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: Students continued to work on their Find It, Decide It comparative information piece. Students will work in pairs to find information to make a decision (more information here). Today, students worked in the computer lab to find information or started writing up their decision. This final piece is due Friday, June 5.
Math: We continued to work on fractions of sets (1/2 of 20 = 10, 1/3 of 12 = 4, 2/3 of 12 = 8). We also used pattern blocks to make fractions.
Science: None today.
Social Studies: None today.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 6
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 58): 3
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39; previous score: 1): 7
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Do you have a plan to keep your student learning over the summer? Check out the GRASP Summer Reading and Math program and other opportunities to make sure your student is ready for fifth grade!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.