June 3rd, 2009
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: Students practiced reading poems that they will share at our Borders Poetry Slam tomorrow. Students have been notified that all students with original poetry will be welcome to attend this trip. Students with no final, published poetry of their own will remain at school. Some students still need to return their permission slips. Also, students were asked to wear nicer, business casual clothes to present at Borders for this special event.
Math: We reviewed equivalent fractions and practiced improper fractions and mixed numbers. Homework is to finish Puzzle pages 31 and 32.
Science: We learned about the states of matter: solid, liquid and gas.
Social Studies: None today.
- Yellow magnets: 4
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 6
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 58): 2
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39; previous score: 1): 10
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Do you have a plan to keep your student learning over the summer? Check out the GRASP Summer Reading and Math program and other opportunities to make sure your student is ready for fifth grade!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.