June 4th, 2009
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: None today due to our Border’s Poetry Slam. Thanks to all the family members that came to listen to the poetry and chaperone students! We had a great turn-out and everyone did a great job!
Writing: The final portfolio piece of the year, the Find It, Decide It comparative information piece (more information here), is due Friday, June 5. Students continued to work in the lab on their piece today. We will have our final work day tomorrow.
Math: We reviewed improper fractions and mixed numbers. We also learned how to add and subtract fractions. Homework is to finish a fraction addition and subtraction practice page.
Science: None today due to our Border’s Poetry Slam.
Social Studies: None today due to our Border’s Poetry Slam.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 7
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 58): 5
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39; previous score: 1): 11
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Do you have a plan to keep your student learning over the summer? Check out the GRASP Summer Reading and Math program and other opportunities to make sure your student is ready for fifth grade!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.