November 11th, 2009
Spelling: We reviewed consonant digraphs; this will be the skill assessed on tomorrow’s spelling test.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 21-23 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles. Some groups worked on questioning as a reading strategy.
Writing: We talked about describing what characters look like, especially when a new character enters a story, or something changes with a character. Students also made a chart of events in the beginning, middle and end of their story.
The next piece of writing will be a fiction piece, due Monday, November 30. Students should be prewriting at this point and ready to begin their draft.
Math: Students cut out multiplication and division fact triangles from their Journals today. The fact triangles will be used to practice multiplication and division facts.
Science: None today due library.
Social Studies: None today due to an assembly.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 0
- The Fourth Grade Musical is Thursday, November 12 at 7:30 pm.
- Need to make, change or check your Fall Parent Teacher Conference time? See here.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.