January 14th, 2010
Spelling: Students made their Words to Learn lists by correcting words they missed on the last spelling test. This is your student’s customized spelling list for the next test.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 54-56 are due tomorrow. Worksheet pp. 57-59 are also now available in class.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles.
Writing: None today due to technology.
The next piece of writing will be a fiction piece, due Friday, January 22. Students should be revising by now.
Math: We started learning about fractions and decimals today. Students used base 10 blocks to model fractions. Homework is to complete Journal p. 81.
Science: We graded the Investigation Review worksheets from this week and added notes in our minibooks about magnetism. We will have a test over magnetism tomorrow.
Social Studies: None today due to extra time with science.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 1
- There is no school for students on Monday, January 18 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)
- The second marking period ends Friday, January 22.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.