January 15th, 2010
Spelling: Today was a preview of upcoming spelling words.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 54-56 are due today. Worksheet pp. 57-59 are available and due next Friday.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: Students worked on revising today, and many students had revising conferences with a partner.
The next piece of writing will be a fiction piece, due Friday, January 22. Students should be revising by now.
Math: We continued learning about fractions and decimals today. Homework is to complete Journal p. 80, 82.
Science: Students completed a test today over magnetism.
Social Studies: None today due to working on math skills.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 3
- There is no school for students on Monday, January 18 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)
- The second marking period ends Friday, January 29.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.