January 29th, 2010
Spelling: We reviewed suffixes by removing suffixes from words. This skill will be tested on Tuesday’s spelling test.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 61, 62, and 64 were due today.
Reading: Two additional groups performed their Literature Circles plays today. The final two groups will present on Tuesday. Students also completed an informational reading test today.
Choose Your Own Adventure Resources
- See examples of Choose Your Own Adventure fiction websites here and here
- Look through The Abominable Snowman Choose Your Own Adventure book (hint: search for “the end” to see some of the endings of the book)
- View the titles of all the Choose Your Own Adventure books to get adventure topic ideas
- Play Zork, a text-based computer came. Here is a list of commands and directions. Here is a map of the dungeon if you get stuck or lost.
Math: We practiced estimating with decimals. For example, the sum of 5.2 miles and 3.8 miles is about 9 miles (5+4=9). Homework is to complete Journal pp. 86-87 about estimating with decimals.
Science: We reviewed conductors, insulators and electromagnets and wrote notes in our minibooks.
Social Studies: We reviewed regions and map skills today. There will be a test over this subject on Tuesday.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 5
- The second marking period ends today, January 29.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.