February 2nd, 2010
Spelling: Students completed a spelling and skill test today.
Cursive: We are finished with cursive review worksheets for this year. For the remainder of the year, the weekly cursive assignment will be to write ten sentences in cursive, using at least seven words for each sentence. Also, students are now required to write their planners in cursive.
Reading: The final two groups performed their Literature Circles plays today. Students will receive new Literature Circles groups next time.
Choose Your Own Adventure Resources
- See examples of Choose Your Own Adventure fiction websites here and here
- Look through The Abominable Snowman Choose Your Own Adventure book (hint: search for “the end” to see some of the endings of the book)
- View the titles of all the Choose Your Own Adventure books to get adventure topic ideas
- Play Zork, a text-based computer came. Here is a list of commands and directions. Here is a map of the dungeon if you get stuck or lost.
Math: We practiced adding decimals. Homework is to complete Journal pp. 89-90.
Science: Students made a switch and added it to a circuit so that they could turn a bulb on and off using the switch. Homework is to finish the On or Off? experiment.
Social Studies: We added notes to our minibooks about maps, map skills, regions and landforms. There will be a test over this subject tomorrow.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 1
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 1
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.