May 12th, 2014
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles; some groups worked on chunking and using context clues to solve unknown words, and others work on summarizing as reading strategies.
Writing: We talked about using line breaks to group ideas and matching words on each line.
A collection of poems will be due Monday, May 19.
Math: We started practicing fractions today. We used Khan Academy to practice three skills:
Social Studies: We finished learning about the Bill of Rights and how they protect Americans. There will be a Bill of Rights MiniQuiz soon.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 9): 1
- Hours with no magnets (best: 73): 3
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade online to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Visit our Links page: keep track of all the websites we use for learning, or try something new.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, report cards, behavior, assignments, and attendance online.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.