May 13th, 2014
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Friday.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: We talked about using white space and line breaks to group ideas on certain lines, or to group lines together, while leaving some lines that are more important by themselves.
A collection of poems will be due Monday, May 19.
Math: We continued practicing fractions today. We used Khan Academy to practice three skills:
Science: We wrote notes in our minibooks about life needs of plants and animals. We also learned that plants and animals need a source of energy and a source of nutrients for growth and repair. Homework is to finish the Needs for Life Investigation Review that was started in class.
Social Studies: Students worked on a MiniQuiz about the Bill of Rights today.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 9): 1
- Hours with no magnets (best: 73): 10
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade online to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Visit our Links page: keep track of all the websites we use for learning, or try something new.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, report cards, behavior, assignments, and attendance online.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.