September 30th, 2016
Spelling: We completed a spelling and skill test today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was an informational reading skills practice day.
Writing: We talked about writing complete scenes by including some action, some talking, and some visual details. Students also worked on their draft today. By Sunday night, your student should be half done with their draft (about half a page) if your student wants to stay on schedule. A personal narrative will be due Friday, October 14.
Science: We set up our next experiment about how clinical trials test medicines scientifically.
Social Studies: We read about how American Indians in different regions had different cultures and used different naturals resources to survive; they used whatever was available to them.
- Homecoming Spirit Week is October 3-7. Check our class calendar for the schedule.
- Have you set up a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.